Jaguar & Land Rover are now fully supported for dealer level diagnostics & module programming with the new Mongoose JLR. Jaguar / Land Rover have approved this tool as a supported interface and now offer the Mongoose JLR to their own dealership service centers as a factory diagnostics tool. Coverage includes 1999 & Up Jaguar and 2005 & up Land Rover, requires a subscription to IDS version 125 & up. This is the full blown Jaguar & Land Rover maintenance diagnostic & module reprogramming hardware. Use the Mongoose JLR directly with the software (available from Jaguar / Land Rover) on your own laptop or PC and see the same results the dealer sees.
IDS 125 is available from TOPIx
The Mongoose JLR package includes:
• Mongoose® JLR vehicle interface for Jaguar & Land Rover
• Installation CD with device driver (J2534 compatible)
The Mongoose® JLR includes a J2534 driver and delivers full-speed (12mps) USB 2.0 performance. This version is compatible with 1999 & Up Jaguar / 2005 & Up Land Rover. Please verify compatibility before ordering.
Features of the Mongoose JLR
• Mongoose JLR is a low cost VCI for factory diagnostics and module reprogramming.
• USB Diagnostics tool for HSCAN, MSCAN, J1850PWM, ROSCO, and ISO9141/KWP2000 vehicles
• Works with IDS Version 125 & Up available on the Topix Website
• Diagnostics Trouble Codes
• Data Lists
• Active Tests
• Utility tests
• Simple packaging with electronics contained inside the cable.
• CAN Bus (capable of ISO 15765, GMLAN, J1939, and ISO14229)
• Medium Speed CAN
• J1850PWM / SCP
• ISO9141 / KWP2000
• J2534 and J2534-1 compliant device driver
• Commercial Range (0 to +70 C)
• Dimensions: 3" x 1.75"
• Operating Voltage: Bus-powered by USB
• Host Interface: Full-speed 12 mbps USB 2.0 with J2534 device driver
Coverage includes 1999 & Up Jaguar and 2005 & up Land Rover.
• Support for L316, L319, L320, L322, L359, L538 Jaguar vehicle lines
• Support for X100, X150, X202, X250, X350, X351, X400 Land Rover vehicle lines
• Designed for use with a subscription to IDS version 125 & up
What is SAE J2534?
SAE J2534-1 API is the "Recommended Practice for Microsoft Windows 32-Bit Application Programming Interface for Pass-Through Vehicle Reprogramming".
Vehicle manufacturers are required to provide a Windows software application for reprogramming their model year 2004 and beyond vehicles using a J2534-1 capable interface (e.g. Mongoose, CarDAQ-Plus, or CarDAQ-M). This standard and associated EPA requirements will give all vehicle service/repair facilities, not just dealers, the ability to perform in-field ECU software updates.
If you want hands on training on J2534, an engineer from Drew Technologies teaches SAE class C0733 "Understanding and Using the SAE J2534-1 API to Access Vehicle Networks". To learn about this class, email email@example.com.
In addition to reprogramming, J2534 supports diagnostics and calibration. The API provides protocol-independent functions to:
• Read and write messages
• Establish periodic messages
• Perform filtering, and assert ECU reprogramming voltages.