The PC-based service tools from Caterpillar provide the capability to access Electronic Control Modules (ECMs) from a personal computer. Many job-critical tasks can be performed with an electronic service tool. The user can display the status of a group of parameters (temperatures, pressures, etc.) simultaneously, view active and clear logged diagnostics, display the current configuration of an ECM and much more. The service tool CAT Caterpillar ET Diagnostic Adapter works with a communication adapter to allow connection to an ECM. A graphical interface makes this software quick to learn and easy to use. A separate pull-down menu for each function enhances the “ease of use.” The version and identification of the ECM is automatically retrieved and is displayed on a summary screen when the program is started. Diagnostic tests and calibrations can also be performed.
Languages currently supported:
Danish, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese and Spanish.
CAT ET function:
1.Display "Logged Event Codes" to show engine over speeds, High temperatures, fuel consumption, etc.
2.View ECM’s current configuration and change user settings
3.Perform diagnostic tests and calibrations, and calibrate
4.Electro-mechanical and electro-hydraulic components
5.Context sensitive help leads operator through every task Cat ET can perform
6.Data Logger and Data Log Viewer allows recording of ECM signals for delayed troubleshooting capability.
Functionalities Shows all operating conditions that cause high repair costs such as:
Over speeds, high temperatures, fuel consumption, transmission shift counts. This can provide awareness to change operator
Cat "ET Trainer" is now included in ET Program. It allows Users to train and practice using Cat ET without a Communications adapter or Electronic Control Module (ECM).This is a free feature of Cat ET.
1. ECM Summary screen lists every control module on equipment
2. Being tested and gives information on these modules.
3. Fast hookup and real time display of systems status. Displays ,readings such as rpm, boost, pressures, temperatures, etc. for Easy troubleshooting.
4. Identifies faulty sensors, harness connectors, and system parameters which are out of specification. Allows customers.
5. To help dealer identify problems without visiting machine.
6. Identifies intermittent sensors and wiring problems during Machine operation and keeps a record of each one. Shows when problem occurred and how often it happened.
7. Added information to allow customer to assist dealer in diagnosing and repairing problems. (Troubleshooting Help is not built in with in the program, you will still need go back to books in order to follow a repair description and steps in each Fault Code display within the program). English and metric units of measure integrated help file to easy learn the "How To" around the software.
(1) 1x CAT Adapter II main unit
(2) 1xUSB cables
(3) 1x Diagnostic cable
(4) 1x Software CD (diagnostic program Caterpillar ET 2010)
(1)Designed to run with Microsoft Windows XP
(2)Ready to use, just install software program onto PC using provided CD